Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Let us proclaim the kingdom of God in our nation

Greetings, dear friends:

I hope that you are joyful and victorious, wherever you are.

We live in very significant times, and I know that we are busy with our lives; but we should not forget that God has a reason for creating us.

Perhaps some of you disagree with my comment and are basically not interested in these issues.

I respect your opinion; however, I have a heavy burden in my heart for beloved Assyrians.

A large group of them have been taken into captivity in their own nation, and we witness their martyrdom every day.

A group of them live in Iran, and in spite of government’s claims that they live in heaven, I am not sure what ‘grade of citizens’ they are considered to be! And we all know that there is no heaven there; for, if it was a heavenly place, we would not have left that “heaven.”

Our people are scattered all over the world, and some are even refugees.

Dear friends, God is calling those of us who have tasted the eternal life in Messiah. Let us sacrifice ourselves in serving our nation. Let us join together. Let us form a large army of saved individuals. Let us proclaim the kingdom of God in our nation.

Do not say “I don’t speak Assyrian; No, no, you will learn it! You will get used to it. Do not allow the language to be an obstacle for you.

My beloved, missionaries are willing to learn difficult languages of the nations where they intend to preach the message of the gospel. We are ahead of them.

Let us not remain in our comfort zones.

Please do not consider this as an impolite statement. I do not mean that we must forget other nations. No, never! It’s impossible.

I have not become nationalistic; but this is a burden which I have for my fellow Assyrians.

We need each other.

In the book of Esther, Mordecai tells Esther, “Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" [Esther 4:14]

The LORD has given us a high position in Messiah. Today, we are His children. Do we want a higher position than this?

My Beloved, let us pray in these days of destiny.

In the beginning of this verse, Mordecai tells Esther, “For, if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place.”

My dear non-Assyrian brothers and sisters, this statement applies to all of us. In addition to having a burden for the salvation of other nations, we must all have a burden for the salvation of our own nation.

In Romans 9:3, the apostle Paul is willing to be separated from his salvation in Messiah, for the sake of the salvation of his Jewish brothers and sisters.

All nations are equal before God. Messiah gave His life for the salvation of all people.

With meekness, I ask all of you, my Assyrian friends, “Let us pray more seriously for our beloved nation, and unite for serving them.”

Respectfully,

Pastor Shamuel







No comments:

Post a Comment